June 25, 2012

#MUSIC INDUSTRY TRANSFORMATIONAL INNOVATION

TRANSFORMATIONAL INNOVATION - That's a cool tag.  What does it mean?  "Relating to or involving transformation or transformations."  Ok then!  Did you get that?  How about innovation?  a new method, idea, product, etc... While these definitions are clear, precise, and simple, TRANSFORMATIONAL INNOVATION is probably the most difficult task at hand right now for the music industry.  You have the record labels scrambling to hold on to their piece of the sky, while the indies are eating their piece of the cake, while the Digital download industry is chewing their cud, and radio is just choking.  I know this is a lot of mixed metaphors, I'm just saying.  It's kind of like watching a fish flop around in the bottom of the boat after you just caught him.  What is going on?

I spend a lot of my days doing research and speaking with music industry folk.  I have found there are as many opinions as people as to where the music industry is going.  I will say this.  The industry is transforming and innovation will lead the way.  We're just not sure where yet.  Although, there is some clarity beginning to surface.  The good news is it is very favorable on the Artist/writer side of the equation.  For that I'M THANKFUL.

This blog is not intended to give you any answers.  This blog is to let you know we are on top of things and we at AMP will bring you any new developments as they arise.  So be patient, work on your craft, and in the mean time; NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK and don't give up.  There is plenty of juice out there for everyone. That's my last metaphor, I promise.

Click on join, it's free. BECOME PART OF THE AMP TEAM

No comments: