September 27, 2012

Music business/ The truth

 I have been working in the music business for years and doing daily research, and have written around 200 blogs. I'm very fortunate to have and opportunity to write a book. The music business/ The Ugly truth. Here is an unedited version of the forward. I'm on chapter 9,The book should be coming out around the first of the year.


Forward

  Entering the music business fun, fact, fiction, or all of the above? After 25 plus years in the music industry, I have found that it’s a mixed bag of the good, the bad, and the ugly. From the outside looking in, it appears to be all glamour and excitement. Sorry to disappoint you, but that misconception and a box of sparklers will get you a nice refrigerator box under the bridge.
  My goal with this book is to show you the truth of what the music business is really all about. There is a lot of information out there from the academia perspective. That’s good, however most of that information belongs right where it sits; in a book. The real world of the music industry can only be learned through experience. And that’s exactly how we plan on translating this information to you.
In this book I am drawing from over 20+ years of personal experience in the industry, as well as from other seasoned professionals I have met along the way. The information you will be getting comes from Grammy award winning, Dove award winning, Stellar award winners, as well as others whom have achieved high levels of success and notoriety in this industry.
Our goal is to provide you with accurate, up-to-date information that will help you enter into this world without falling into all the traps and costly experiences of being unprepared.  Remember there are no short cuts. Miss a step, trip and you will land hard.
 I have dedicated my life to this cause, and I hope you will get what you need from this book to get you started and prepared for the exciting road ahead. Good music to you.

No comments: