August 27, 2012

GONE FISHING

GONE FISHING

Welcome to Monday morning. I thought I would start my week off with a little different approach than normal. Normally I will begin with a blog about something that is music business minded.  It is very easy for us to forget the most important tool of all, and that is: feeding our state of mind, body and spiritual center.  What is your first thought as you begin your week? I bet you can relate to some of these.

How am I going to accomplish all the tasks I need to do this week? It's overwhelming. 

I don't know if I'm capable of doing all that is required of me.

I don't want to go to work.

Will I make enough money to meet my needs.

Oh no, I have to deal with him again.

Boy I dread that meeting.

I'm going to let him or her have it!

Rush hour *(^*&^%#

Is it Friday yet?

Well , we all have these random thoughts and more.  You're not alone.  What are some of yours?
It is very common to start the day with a host of thoughts that are trying to steal your joy.  This is where the work begins for your week.  The way you start your week could very well be the way you end it. 

Are we victims of our thoughts?  Do you allow your thoughts to hold you captive?  Do your thoughts control your attitude?  Does fear keep you from your dream, or does your dream keep you from your fear?

Here's an idea; let's take our thoughts back.  Wouldn't it be great if we could control our thoughts, instead of allowing our thoughts to control us?  Well, you can if you're willing to do the work.

I have to work extra hard to keep my thoughts at bay.  I begin my day the night before.  When I was a kid my Dad would take me fishing.  This was one of the most enjoyable and exciting things I remember as a child.  This was the cats meow.  When I lay down at night, I begin working on the next day.  I remember those times going fishing with my Dad, and the anticipation of the next day, and what is was like.  I could hardly sleep.  I begin my mindset with the memories of those times and look forward to going fishing the next day.  I can't wait to threw my line in the water and see what I'm going to catch.  That's how I begin by day, that is, after I hit my knees and pray.  I'm just saying it takes work and planning to succeed in this challenging business.  I will promise you this, it's worth it.

Remember your part of the music business.  Invest in yourself, as much as you invest in the stuff, and you will be amazed at the ROI-- Return on your investment.























No comments: